Jan 3, 2016

Cynthia Eden: Bound by Blood

I'm so into e-books these holidays. They are so easy to carry around in big numbers (I bought Eden's 4 in 1 pack about vampires, of course) and you don't have to explain to anybody what you are reading if there is an akwardly semi-naked hot dude on the cover. 
So, this was just a short story (about 70 pages on my PocketBook) which meant I didn't expect much but on the other hand the teasers were promising - like who would resist the never-ending war of vampires and werewolves who have to unite in order to face their mutual demon enemy?! Cool, huh? 
Well, the story was fast-paced, to the point, and with a lot of action. A little bit stalkerish background to the romance part for my liking but it at least covered the shaky ground on which most love-you-forever stories stand - it gave the reader feeling that the love grew and didn't just happen instantly. At least in one half of the couple. 
I just wish there was more on the folklore. The short stories never give you enough basic information on the creatures they deal with which is for some a plus but a minus for the others. I prefer to know a lot about my vampires before I plunge into their world. The same goes for the plot. The twists were awesome had they been elaborated on more. I really see a novel potential here.

GENRE: It's labeled Paranormal Romance. But where is the build-up?
FANGS OUT: action
FANGS RETRACTING: not enough information
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment