Jan 24, 2016

Anjela Renee: Abby's Vampire

And my wild ride through suspiciously free e-book content continues...
This time (yeah, yeah, I'm still at A in my alphabetically arranged free books which scares me more than it surely scares you) I got my hands on something longer than a short story which means it makes sense. I came across some "books" which seemed just like beginning chapters and honestly, if the sequels are as short as the beginning "books", it then makes them the most expensive books around - if you pay a Dollar or more per chapter, you do the counting.
Anyway, I keep ranting about my e-book discoveries - I know, I know, I should have done this when it was new but it is new to me at least - and that makes me go places I don't wanna go. I'm here for the review.
This book - and I can call it a book since it had 120 pages on my reader - is so far my best find. It had a plot, it had a villain, it had romance, it had twists, it had redemption, it had the prospect of a well-written series, it wasn't as cheesy as one would expect.
Phew, I thought I wouldn't find any series I'd like to read but this seems as a nice start because the universe it's set in has all you need in a romance - there is that eternal love (a note to self - dig out the moment vampires went from Dracula's model of polygamy to today's model of One and Only Forever) which is threatened by a psycho who may not be a psycho when you think of his motives, there is the whole sire/child thing I liked, the vampires have a system in their realm so that no rogues are dancing around - really promising thing as I've said. I only missed the funny or ironic moments. If I'm supposed to relax over a predictable book I need something more. But it wasn't bad.

GENRE: romance
FANGS OUT: the average you can count on
FANGS RETRACTING: I need more humour or excitement
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment