Jan 17, 2016

Jessica Coulter Smith: A Love for All Nights

I'm literally dying with laughter now. Since this was another from my infamous free e-reads, I didn't see the cover for the story. And I just googled it up so that I could include it with this review. There's a frickin' butt all over it! Who thought this would be a good idea?! :-D=
Anyway, if I saw the cover prior to reading it I would have been prepared. But nope, I jumped into the short story with a clear mind, trying not to judge too soon. And quite soon I found the mistakes and some serious cringe-worthy moments. 
For example, the vampire in the story was made in 1940. Quite specific, huh? He was given good background only to be ruined later when it is mentioned that he waited centuries for his one and only (awwwkwaaaard, the author can't count). 
To make the short story with this important flaw even shorter, they love each other (nothing bonds  you for eternity like the hasty I-love-you's), she wants to be changed right away and doesn't even protest when he shoves something in her butt (ha, now we get the why of the cover) without asking first. Because from the two encounters he had with her he knew she would love to experiment and be wild despite her mundane appearance and behaviour.
OK, let's call it quits I'm still laughing and that somehow affects my typing ability. 
GENRE: quick romance
FANGS OUT: well, it wasn't as bad as the last thing I read
FANGS RETRACTING: stop sticking things up people's butts without asking
TOTAL SCORE:


No comments:

Post a Comment