Jan 13, 2016

Avocado Ice Cream

Yeah, I know, I know, ice cream in January seems a little bit off but that's the problem of preparing articles in advance. You make something in summer but it will appear on your blog in winter. 
Anyway, there are only four ingredients. And one of them is avocados! Oh, I just love them. And now I have yet another excuse to eat them.
According to my picture it looks like a mess which is not smooth but it is because I broke my ice cream spoon and had to scoop it up with a regular table spoon which I obviously can't.

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1 400ml can of coconut milk
  • juice from 1/2 lime
  • 2 table spoons of agave syrup
1) Use your hand blender to deal with the avocados. You want them smooth.
2) Put the coconut milk in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then open it and take out only the top solid part, there will be liquid part at the bottom of your can - that is not needed in here. Keep it for some other recipe. Whip up the solid part till creamy.
3) Combine the avocados with cream and add as much of the syrup as you like. Add the juice, too. It prevents the avocados from getting brown. 
4) Put in the freezer and wait ;-)=  You can decorate it with more syrup or black sesame seeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment