Jan 6, 2016

Ricotta Pancakes

This recipe is so yummy. The pancakes are fluffy and creamy at the same time. I made a ton of them (I had to feed 6 people and wasn't sure how many I needed, so if you are just trying this you better make half the batch) and even though some were left after breakfast, they never saw dusk. Since ricotta is a little bit sweet on its own, I didn't add that much sugar and they were just perfect.

Ingredients:
  • 400g ricotta
  • 300g flour (half plain, half wholewheat) 
  • 300ml milk
  • 3 table spoons brown sugar
  • 2 pinches of salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tea spoon baking powder
  • 6 eggs (separate 4 whites, the rest goes straight in)
 1) You know me, you know I'll just put everything in one bowl without making it go through the sieve first. Just mix it all together with the exception of the 4 egg whites. Combine till smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, beat the whites till stiff peaks form. Then fold it gently into the mix.
3) Butter your pan and start frying them. Brush the pan with the butter before putting in a new pancake so that it doesn't stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment