Dec 5, 2015

St. Nicolas Day Costume

I found a great deal on fake horns in one shop which was being closed and since my Halloween costume had already been in motion, I thought it would take more than a year to come with an excuse to wear them. Well, that was before I realised there were days in December. Like St. Nicolas Day. The day all the kids are scared because St. Nick, an angel and some devils will come to read them their sins. And if they've been naughty they get coal as a warning or get taken into the devil's bag and dragged to Hell if they've been extra bad. The good kids get candy and fruit. So, naturally I chose the dark side because they have better cookies. The horns became a part of me and were it not for the slant attic walls of my classroom I wouldn't even know about them. That's why I was so confused when I gave one lady in a shop almost a heart attack.
Anyway, this costume was also a test of a new purchase - Makeup Revolution's Salvation Velvet Lacquer in Black Heart. I bought this color because the official website promised dark purple (which is wearable on daily basis) but the name should have warned me, I guess. Unfortunately it turned out to look very black (which is fine with me but not with the rest of normal population) so I can only wear it on special occasions or in super bright light (yup, camera flash gets the purple out, but who would go into such trouble as being in the spotlight for so long). So, how did it go? Well, I couldn't eat because the inner part of my lacquer would just poof! But drinking was OK, no real damage there. Speaking - well, even though I don't ever lick my lips while speaking a little brushed off and winded up on my teeth. But it was specks not the typical lipstick smear so that could be dealt with much easily. But what was worth the trouble of not eating (if I don't eat I get extra bitchy) was the feeling it gave my lips. I couldn't help but to press my lips together all the time because they felt alien but in a good fuzzy way :-) Not really velvet-y but close enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment