Dec 2, 2015

Savory Cheesecake

I went a little bit crazy and decided to make a savory cheesecake. Because sweet cheesecakes are so mainstream, right? :-)= I was inspired by our favorite party food - the guacamole. It was difficult to pick the right cheese for this because I was afraid nothing would survive slicing.
The cheese held it all together well but what I had a problem with, however, was the crust. I applied a similar technique I use with normal cheesecakes but this time I didn't bake it because it seemed a little bit too much. Needless to say I should have baked it. I'm not saying it all crumbled but some parts did and it wasn't as fancy as I wanted it to be.

Ingredients:
  • 200g your favorite tortilla chips (I'm a sucker for the cheese ones - I bet that is the most toxic flavor but I can't help it)
  • 50g butter 
  • 300g gervais 
  • 3 ripe avocados
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • about 1 table spoon lemon juice
  • salt, pepper
  •  the top is up to you - just put on whatever you miss inside (cilantro, tomato, chilli pepper or you can even smear it with your favorite dip - either home made or store bought, who cares?!)
1) Line your cake pan with something (baking paper, aluminum foil etc.) so that it's easier to take it out later. 
2) Crush the chips and combine them with melted butter. Press to the bottom of the pan.
3) Using a blender, combine everything in the cheesecake part till smooth. You can add something else inside, if you wish, just don't make it more runny (so avoid tomatoes at this point) because I fear it would not harden enough.
4) Pour over the chips layer and smooth the surface. Wrap the whole thing in a foil so that it doesn't oxygenate much (the top would be too brown if you didn't cover it) and leave in a fridge for at least five hours. 
5) Prepare whatever you miss in it and decorate the cake with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment