Dec 9, 2015

Blueberry Cheesecake

Let's face it, cheesecakes are the best. And what is also the best? Blueberries, of course! And it's full season (I'm writing this in the summer) - my Canadian Blueberry Bush is finally getting the blue color on its berries and it would be easy to go in the garden and pick those humongous berries and be done with it but the taste and color of the real forest blueberries is much stronger. So I decided to go in the forest and pick some. I vaguely remember picking them as a child and then my parents always bought them.
As I was crawling through the thick tick-infested forest floor to pick those tiny little fuckers I suddenly recalled why. It's not worth it. You spend two hours bending your back in awkward positions (exactly those your fitness videos instructors warn you about) and all you get is a half a frickin' cup. At least my dogs had a blast chasing hares and fooling around.
So, of course, I bought the berries from people who know how to pick them and even though the berries are super expensive, I don't mind. A person who can pick kilos of that blue stuff can price it as high as possible and I will buy it nevertheless out of respect.

Ingredients: 
  • 200g butter biscuits
  • 80g melted butter
  • 250g curd cheese
  • 200g fresh cream cheese
  • 200g white chocolate
  • 2 table spoons coconut oil
  • some sugar if that chocolate isn't enough for you 
  • 250g blueberries 
1) Crush the biscuits, pour the butter onto them, mix it well, press it on the bottom of your cake pan and bake for about 10 minutes at 200°C.
2) Melt the chocolate with coconut oil over boiling water and set aside once it is all melted.
3) Mix the cheeses with chocolate and if you find it lacking in sweetness, add sugar. Mix in the blueberries last. You can be as gentle as you want, they will leak the blue stuff anyway, so the whole mixture will get bluish tint. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment