Dec 27, 2015

Laurann Dohner: Drantos

So after a couple of years of e-book reader ownership I decided to use it. Nothing compares to real books but I felt bad for not using the device. So when some of the authors I follow on social media announce that their book will only be available in the electronic format why not use it. 
I had to go to hell and back to get this book - I only found it in two online shops and both of them discriminated me - I live in the wrong region. I had to actually call my friend who lives in the approved region if I could include his address in my account so that the shitty site would sell it to me. Sheesh, I'm trying to spend money here and they won't let me! What kind of crooked capitalism is that?! And on the top of it all, it wouldn't agree with my e-book reader and I had to read it in my computer. 'tis the season to be angry, la la la la la la la la...
But to the book. We are here for the content, not for the shitty discriminating pricks who think they can make more money by limiting their sales to only a couple of countries, right? How looogical... 
So, the rumour had it that the new series by Dohner would have vampire/gargoyle mix in them. Well, the first story was mainly about vampire/lycan clan which stresses the lycan part. So classical vampire lovers will be disappointed. Because really there are some vampire traits but you will have a blast if you fancy werewolves.
The rest is typical Dohner - a lot of heat (literally since we talk about "dogs") and some action. I really didn't like how the central couple was making remarks such as: "She always makes me...." WTF? Always as in after ONE day?! If I weren't angry after hours spent figuring out how to buy the book I would have let it be and would have just enjoyed learning about a new universe full of interesting mixed-breeds because the potential is there. But no, all I see is the cheesy remarks.

GENRE: I think we can't call it a romance once they start humping every few pages, can we?
FANGS OUT: new setting, new mixes, new possibilities
FANGS RETRACTING: overuse of the word ALWAYS
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment