Jul 31, 2016

Ramona Gray: The Vampire's Kiss

It seems like I'm on my way somewhere all the time so I really have no time to read good stuff. So today I continue my journey through free vampire reads I downloaded some time ago. On the bright side, I'm almost dome with my free Kindle stuff, which means I'll soon move to the rest I have in my PocketBook. And then free read no more! (yeah, how many times have I actually said this...)
This book - let's use this term even though I have my doubts - was incredibly short. Like, it ended before it even started! And that sucks because this woman was sucked into an alternative universe where vampires have beating hearts and sometimes feelings but keep humans addicted to their bite and they can die of illnesses... and there are other cool creatures - see, that's very interesting but the story mostly centers about the chubby heroine whose life was saved by a vampire who made not so nice remarks about her body and who saved his life by giving him blood in return but got hooked on his bite. So, there is this inner struggle to not to let him bite her again. And they both are addicted to each other in couple of days and then there are the hot scenes. As if we needed more heat these days. Everyone is drenched in sweat because of the weather and this doesn't help.
You know what else doesn't help? Obviously this was just a teaser because our heroine is snatched from her vampire and that's it. I hate cliffhangers, why do people do this?! It's unfair. Would I buy the "sequel" (see, I think it's just one book divided into more parts because ... money)? No! I'm angry that I didn't get the whole story and that my time was wasted so you can shove the rest up your arse, you sneaky publisher or author or whoever came with such a ridiculous idea!

GENRE: romance
FANGS OUT: I like the alternative universe
FANGS RETRACTING: too short, too rushed, the cliffhanger
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment