Jan 4, 2015

I went nuts

My friend and I are sitting in the living room, talking about nothing and everything as usual when I suddenly recall a thing I wanted to show her. I reach into the fruit bowl and take out a peanut which is oddly shaped and that's why I haven't eaten it yet. I want it to be famous for its deserved 15 minutes (or whatever it takes to show everyone) and then eat it...
So I hold it in front of my friend's face and say: "Look! A kiwi!"
My friend shifts uncomfortably, probably thinking I finally went over the edge. You know, that one between sanity and lunacy.
"No, really, it's a kiwi!" I say, swinging it in front of her face from a different angle so that maybe this time she can recognise the shape.
"It's a peanut." 
"No, look closely! It looks like that frickin' bird!"
"Oh, God! Yes! I thought you thought the fruit." And she realxes, probably abandoning her improptu plan how to excuse herself from our meeting and how to never see me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment