Jan 25, 2015

50 Shades of Red ... part 5

You didn't think last time was actually the last time, did you? I still have a ton of products to try and compare. So, let's get this over with so that I can start using the other lipsticks I somehow acquired ;-)=
Ok, let's start. I chose them randomly, since they are all different brands. Don't look for hidden meanings in their order, okay? 
The most wine-y color from the set is Manic Panic's Black Rose. I love the shade. It's cool how it changes. One swipe of the lipstick is enough when it comes to pigmentation, so adding layers means deepening the tone. When it comes to staying power, if you have a couple of layers on then it's quite good. One layer will be eaten instantly. But if you only talk and sip some drink every now and then, then it looks still fresh for hours. Maybelline's Coral Diamonds sparkle. It looks wet all the time and the color goes to the orange-y/brown side. It's not super-pigmented but it can build up. Somehow the glittery parts in it ensure something always stay on you even if you eat so that's not bad. And the last from the first set is Rimmel's 01 from that Kate Collection. Just one layer will give you enough color to be satisfied. When you talk, it stays put. But the first drink or food will make it betray you. Since it's so pigmented, you can clearly see your pink lips showing through once you have eaten.
Next is 42 by Make Up For Ever. I like the shade which is warm-toned. The staying power is decent when one only talks and drinks but the food test will show that it can be easily eaten if you don't pay attention. Red Flame by NYC has a lot of pink shimmer in it so that it doesn't look red at all. And since it looks more like my lip color, no one notices it partially disappears when I eat. It's the most wearable color from all I'm going to mention today - I mean, I wear them all to work but for those who are afraid of loud colors, this one is for them. My Red Card by Catrice was the biggest let down from all of these. Since it wasn't the cheapest of them I thought it would hold better. It is supposed to be more luxurious line by the same company which produces Essence so I thought it would be better. But it wasn't. Twice as expensive as Essence lipsticks and absolutely no staying power. One sip of a drink at it was mostly on the glass. Even super cheap 140 (btw, I love the brick-y color) by S-he held longer than one sip!
So, that's it for today. There were definitely surprises in this, so let's take a final look at the colors indoor and outdoor while I prepare next chapter ;-)=

No comments:

Post a Comment