Jan 21, 2015

Banana Currant Muffins

I tried some rather healthy muffins alternative. "Healthy" being the operative word because some people say these things can never be healthy but whatever, it's what you think, not what it really is as one of my students pointed out the other day when we were talking about diets and healthy lifestyle. His contribution to the conversation was: "Look at me, I'm skinny. I only eat sugary things and junk food. And because I don't think it's bad for me I don't get fat from it." So, I think these are healthy, therefore nothing bad can happen from their consumption, right? ;-)=

You' ll need (15 muffins):
  • 350g whole wheat barley flour
  • 1 tea spoon soda
  • 3 table spoons agave syrup
  • 60g brown sugar
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 60g greek yoghurt
  • 1 egg
  • 180ml oat milk
  • 2 handfuls frozen currants
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2) Mash the bananas or chop them to tiny little pieces.
3) Mix all the ingredients together. 
4) Pour it into your muffin cups to 3/4 -> soda makes them go up so count with that, you don't want them to overpour, do you? (I bought silicone muffin cups recently so I don't need to butter them, they are not sticky, but if you only have your muffin pan and don't use muffin paper cups to line them with, you better use oil or butter and some flour to prepare them prior to pouring the mixture in).
5) Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment