Aug 26, 2014

Haunted House Picture

I should not be allowed to a) earn money b) walk around in shops or browse shops online c) spend money on unnecessary stuff d) invite anyone to my home. Why? Lol, I've bought a sweather with WHY? on it and it sums up my life so perfectly. Anyway, this is not about my clothes, this is about the stuff I hang on my walls. 
Because just the other day someone saw a picture by my bed and talked about family values and all that jazz because he thought the picture was of my relatives. And I was just sitting there nodding and thinking about something else entirely since my brain was turned off. I do that often when I see the spark in the eyes of a keen speaker. And while I am not so keen to interrupt and point out all the mistakes and misconceptions of the speaker I just smile and nod like an idiot and just let my brain rest for a change. So this time I missed everything about families and young people not giving a shit about their roots. And then, as the speaker was walking away satisfied by his own speech he cast his last glance at my "family" picture. Except it looked different this time. Yes, roots indeed. And the shock in his eyes. Invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment