Dec 3, 2013

Alexandra Ivy: Darkness Unleashed

I was sucked into a dangerous yet sensual world of creatures that go bump in night. This series concentrates on vampires so far (this is book nr. 5) even though they may find their true mates in other creatures (those other creatures should ensure variety and interesting plots for the future because it always helps when you can use characters with abilities that are uncommon).
I must admit that even though I have read similar series I don’t oppose to this one that much. As long as it keeps me entertained I like it. There is one specific character – Levet the vertically challenged gargoyle – that always brightens up the mood when the book becomes too meh... I just love the creature and am willing to forget the too schematic flaws the series tends to have. 
What I also appreciate is character development – you meet a person in one book and think him or her a total asshole or villain, yet in the next book you learn the motives that escalated into such behavior and suddenly there is just another broken or actually lovely character who you can sympathize with.
 


GENRE: paranormal romance with a funny gargoyle in it
FANGS OUT: can be funny, that always get an extra point from me
FANGS RETRACTING: there are many like it out there
TOTAL SCORE:


No comments:

Post a Comment