Dec 7, 2013

What exotic lands smell and feel like

I am not one of those people who wait till December to buy all the presents. I am the one who laughs at the others in December because I am never found in shops with all those stressed-out people. I even avoid online shopping because December is busy and not all my orders arrive in time. Yes, maybe shopping from September to November isn’t ideal for you but I only see the perks.
What I, however, cannot help but buy in December is a bag of goodies from Tahiti. There is only one online shop selling it in the Czech Republic (thank some deity for Frenchmen appearing in the Czech lands and bringing stuff from their former colonies with them so that even we can experience foreign paradises in this way). You can check it out at: www.tahiti-tiare.cz
It’s not cheap, let’s face it. BUT there is always a special discount around Christmas and that’s exactly what I wait for the whole year. This year I went for a body scrub, a fragrance, a shampoo, a soap and, of course, THE OIL. They are all scented with gardenia (I was once told I like “old ladies’ smells” so it may not be for everybody). My mom, upon smelling it, said it reminded her of something her mother used to have so maybe that wasn’t that far from the truth. I don’t care. I love it and that’s all that matters.
So what are those things and why are they special?
I think there is only one must-have in here and that’s the original monoï (coconut oil scented with tiaré flowers). Honestly, who are you if you don’t know how to use oils on your body? They moisturize it, make it look smooth and pretty. You can use it as a hair mask, you can use it to treat you split ends... there are numerous ways all resulting in better condition of your skin and hair because it protects you from evil weather as well. It has all the benefits of oils plus it smells divine. Totally a must-have.
Next thing is the shampoo. I must say it works as any other shampoo (I have relatively problem-free hair so I can’t really judge most of the shampoos because they all have similar effect on my hair). But again, it smells of tiaré and makes my hair shiny and weightless. So it’s a good addition to the oil (at least all my body smells the same).
The soap is another wonder which moisturizes the skin and leaves it nicely scented.
Next one is the peeling. This one doesn’t smell of tiaré as strongly as the others and I had a small problem with the packaging (a little bit of it escaped–even though it was carefully wrapped–and made it all sticky and hard to open). Even though it’s supposed to be basically sandpaper for your skin (and it, indeed, includes sand) it makes your skin soft and undamaged.
And the last, but not least, is the fragrance. Even though it only is EDT, it lasted two days before I stopped smelling it on my T-shirt. And if you use all the products above and the fragrance, you will be just one big walking tiaré :-)
What is your guilty pleasure you can’t resist?   

No comments:

Post a Comment