Dec 21, 2013

The Sin of Dracula

Long time ago, I got this bottle as a birthday present. I drank it, kept the bottle for future DIY candle holder, but that was it - I couldn't have known I was going to start a blog one day so I didn't take a picture of it and I certainly didn't make notes of its taste. 
Then, just a  little later, I was browsing the wine section in Kaufland supermarket when this caught my attention. I knew it wasn't a great wine but I was willing to buy it and drink it again to make a review for you. See, that's how much I like my non-existent readers :-)=
So, the price holds the psychological barrier - it's not 100 Crowns (5 Dollars) because that would be too much for some funky wine, it's just 99 Crowns - that one little Crown does it all ;-)=
Since it's a Romanian wine, I was afraid it would be too sweet and heavy as most wines from that area are. But this is not. It's quite light and the taste doesn't stay on the tongue for long. Perhaps they dilute it. Or the grapes are just that way. I have no idea. What stays on the tongue (and lips and teeth), however, are the purple stains. That happens and sucks, so maybe I will include a "wine-stained lips" make up tutorial in the future to handle the red wine parties more nonchalantly.
Now, I shall act clever and tell you some interesting things about the wine - ok, maybe not interesting but definitely helpful if you understand wine and want to know something about it (hooray for the wine labels at the back of the bottle) ;-)= 
- 12% vol. and the light taste will get you under the table in no time and you won't even see it coming
- Feteasca Neagra is the name of the grapes they used for it and this should ensure that the wine will be semi-dry
- the grapes grow in the Transylvanian Carpathians in Romania
- they recommend to drink it while eating cheese and meat (which wine doesn't say that?!)
As you can see, I couldn't be a professional wine taster because I know nothing about it. I divide wine by color and the fact whether it tasted good or not. This one is somewhere in the I DON'T KNOW category because it wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either. And I definitely know better wines in that money range. But as a nice gift for some vampire junkie, I'd say go for it ;-)=

No comments:

Post a Comment