Sep 14, 2016

Blueberry Cheesecake

It wouldn't be me if I didn't make a cheesecake with whatever ingredient I obtained, right? So naturally, I've made a blueberry one. It's awesome.

You'll need:
  • 150g christmas cookies
  • 80g melted butter
  • 600g cheese (I grabbed curd and mascarpone)
  • 50g sugar
  • 1 egg 
 
  • 2 cups blueberries
  • 2 table spoons corn starch
  • 1 table spoon water
  •  1 table spoon lemon juice
  • 50g sugar
1) Let's start with the base. You know the drill - crush the biscuits till powdery, pour butter in them and when the mixture is moist, press to the bottom of your pan and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. I chose christmas cookies because I thought they'd go well with blueberries and because while I'm sick of cinnamon and other festive spices in winter, I love them in summer.
2) Put everything for the blueberry layer in a pan and boil. When it starts to thicken, set aside and let cool down a little.
3) Mix the cheese layer and if you find it not sweet enough, add more sugar. I wanted to have a slightly sour cake so that's why I used so little sugar.
4) Pour 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the bottom, then pour 3/4 of the blueberry mixture over it, then add the rest of the cheese mixture and on top of it all add the blueberries again.
5) Bake for about 40 minutes at 150°C.

No comments:

Post a Comment