Apr 20, 2016

50 Shades of Red ... part 6

It's winter (I mean, it's probably not because as always I'm writing this in advance and I don't know which Wednesday I'm going to post it) and that means I've been wearing red lipsticks since autumn. Again. And I have new shades to share with you. So let's get ogling and comparing.


BTW, I bought a new camera which was much more expensive than the senile digital compact I had so I expected better pictures. Obviously this one tries to be artsy and blurs everything but the middle so that the focus is there. It sucks. 

This time I got two Avon lipsticks (I feel uneasy about the brand ever since that rabbit logo disappeared from their catalogue so I don't buy these), one Cien (they have this every now and then in LIDL supermarket), one Rimmel and three Sleeks.
Starting with the Avon lipsticks, they did pretty well as usual. They survived drinking and talking and lunch got only the inner rim away. I'm just not into "Red Vixen" because it's so brown it hurts. 
Concerning Spicy Red by Cien I was so happy to find a very cheap summer shade - it's very coraly and bricky at the same time. Unfortunately it just keeps moving away from the lips. It bleeds into the foundation in seconds and is eaten away during talking. 
Sleek's matte lipsticks are awesome (again, why is Vamp so brown?!) and are comparable to Avon in durability and color payoff. Not in the price though.
The Pout Paint is a different story. It's very saturated and the color... oh the color. But it doesn't stand a chance with drinks let alone food. 
The same story is with Big Bang which looks lovely, is very loud and shiny but gets eaten immediately. And moves downward. 

In this batch Sleek mattes are my favourite colors. They aren't as matte as the liquid mattes I own but they stay quite long on the lips and I just fell in love with them. So they were seen a lot on me past fall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment