Apr 27, 2016

3-Ingredient Cheesecake

I'm not sure if you have noticed but the Internet was all over this Japanese dessert some time ago (or maybe it is still "in" when this post comes to my blog). Maybe the Net was just spamming me with it since I write about food, I'm not sure. But if you've seen it, here you can see how it turned out. It looked so simple I had to try it. And I must say the Internet is easily amused. I'm not.
I get it, in a crooked universe where everybody is on a diet, a crust from flour seems too evil to eat but what about those three bars of chocolate?! ;-)=
The cake is featherlight and it's like eating a cloud - that's really awesome. But honestly I couldn't help but notice the egg flavour. It's too much for me. If I wanted a fancy sweet omelette I'd ... I dunno what I'd do because I'd never want a sweet omelette. 

Ingredients:
  • 250g cheese (cream cheese, curd cheese, you choose)
  • 6 eggs
  • 300g white chocolate
1) Melt the chocolate over boiling water and wait till it cools down a bit.
2) Separate the eggs and beat the whites till foamy (that consistency before soft peaks).
3) Mix the room-temperature cheese and chocolate. Then add egg yolks. Gently mix in the whites last.
4) Prepare a glass bowl (use baking paper for the bottom and the sides). You'll also need a baking tray with raised sides - you'll put the bowl with the cake mixture in the middle and pour boiling water around onto the tray. 
5) Bake for about 20 minutes (depends on how large your glass bowl is). The cake should rise and get brown-ish on the top and if you move it, the centre of the cake shouldn't move anymore.
6) Let cool down before your attempts to remove it from the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment