Mar 2, 2016

Strawberry Cheesecake with Cocoa Butter Fail

"Oh mother, tell your children not to do what I have done..." :-D=
I got some cocoa butter for Christmas and tried to make something from it. The internet search mainly suggests home-made chocolate recipes but I needed a cake for my family to sate their appetite so I tried to be creative and heathier at the same time and failed terribly. 
The chocolate crust was so effing hard I couldn't slice it and it resulted in really nasty-looking slices of cake with demented mosaic pieces of chocolate at the top. To say nothing of the fact that it was initially so runny that it ran down along the sides of the cake pan and penetrated the crumb layer at the bottom so that later when it was chilled I couldn't slice through it either. Not that it mattered because the butter didn't hold the crumbs together and it was falling apart anyway. It tasted delicious but the form, oh the form...


Don't do it like this:
bottom layer
  • 80g of biscuits
  • 2 table spoons coconut oil
  • 2 table spoons cocoa butter
cheese filling
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 6 big strawberries (I had some left from the summer in the freezer so I let them thaw out first)
  • 3 table spoons sugar

chocolate top
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup cocoa butter
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 table spoon sugar
1) Crush the biscuits and wet them with the melted coconut oil and cocoa butter. Press to the bottom of a pan and bake for about 10 minutes at 180°C.
2) Whip the cream cheese with mashed strawberries and sugar and spread over the cooled biscuit layer.
3) Melt everything for the chocolate part and pour over the cake. Let cool down in the fridge. Decorate with more thawed strawberries. Be disappointed when slicing it. ;-)= 

No comments:

Post a Comment