Mar 27, 2016

Jordan K. Rose: Her Vampire's Promise

I don't know. I just don't know. Yeah, we are still with my free e-book reads here and I'm lost for words again. One day I'm going to quit this nonsense and go back to my cosy library with its volumes of dead trees and review those.
But that day is not today since I dived into this novella. It was short, that's that. You know I don't like these short things because the events in them happen too fast and there is not enough foundation on which I (the reader) could build any opinion. These things just leave me cold - which is bad, I should feel something (anything) after finishing a book, that's for sure. Nothing says it was a good book like a big book hangover ;-)= Unfortunately after finishing this I was just hungry. Which is a state I'm always in so that doesn't help much.
From this piece I can't tell you much about vampires since there is not much to be said. Some are bad, some are experimented on, some kill people because people are bad too, some kill people because they want. And some are creepy as hell since they feel connection with a baby and twenty years later they grope her... Just sayin'. At least there was no adult content, that would degrade this hysteria even more. The characters are evolving way too fast, and therefore one can't believe them. No one in their right mind goes from psycho bitch to a mellow purring kitten. I mean some people do but they usually seek therapy, there is no romantic stuff written about them.
I really hated the beginning of the story because it was too bizarre and the characters acted like idiots but as the story progressed I actually glimpsed potential. So, who knows, maybe the other stories in the series are more complicated and reader-friendly.

GENRE: weird revenge/romance story 
FANGS OUT: the experiments and mad scientists always hold potential
FANGS RETRACTING: need more space to believe the characters
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment