Feb 28, 2016

J. C. Diem: Death Beckons

OK, while I was about to forsake all the free e-book reads when I saw the cheesy amateurish cover of the book I'm reviewing today I actually stumbled upon something worth reading! Yaaassss!
I have no idea what's going on in Australia which naturally lacks vampire myths in their folklore but somehow they are becoming a strong voice in vampire literature. Now that I think of it - it actually makes sense that a sunny country without vampires would come up with something refreshing. No bias there. 
See, the story is quite uncomplicated and not so unpredictable since we've already read things like this - I mean, a boring girl who is insignificant in every way gets turned into a creature of the night and somehow gains abilities beyond even the strongest vampire's dreams. But before you get bored here since you've read numerous works like this one you'll basically realise that you can't peel your eyes off the screen of your e-book reader because it's frickin' hilarious. And I know, we have many smart-ass heroines with clever remarks and funny comments out there but how can one get ever tired of it? I mean, you can't get bored by fun, can you? Funny characters will always get one big plus from me. They even make me overlook the mistakes - like surprisingly long international flights in Europe and other not possible stuff like that.
So while I was thinking of shooting my brains out after reading other free books to forget I believe it was a wise step from Diem to allow the readers to access the first book in a series for free because I have no doubt many will continue reading.

GENRE: action despite the cover
FANGS OUT: it's fresh
FANGS RETRACTING: Six hours from Romania to France by plane? Really? Did you fly with snail airlines?
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment