Jul 26, 2015

Diana Laurence: How To Catch And Keep A Vampire

We covered the teenage game in the last two weeks and it's time to follow into adulthood. Honestly, I don't even know how these books appeared on my bookshelf. It must be from the era I discovered on-line used books stores and basically put into my cart everything which had a name VAMPIRE on it. These stores don't usually add description or a picture of the book so it is one big leap into the unknown. I wonder how I managed to buy so many adult books and almost no children literature. 
Anyway, to the dating the undead when older. I am happy that despite the fact that this book is also a post-Twilight book, the portrayal of a vampire tilts more toward the classic one rather than to the sparkly kind. 
The author claims to have dated many a vampire and her dating story is mixed with case studies, FAQs and other people's experience. The writing is more mature than in the previous books and even though there is a lot of puns in there, the humor is not as strong as in Mezrich's book.  See, it's written almost as if the author was serious.
But as I've already written, the focus of this book are those manipulative always elusive vampires, that's a plus. One the whole it wasn't a bad book but I caught myself not paying attention in some passages because it was getting dull every now and then. 

GENRE: self-help for adults
FANGS OUT: the real vampires are there
FANGS RETRACTING: not as funny as one would like
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment