Jul 29, 2015

Chocolate Tamarind Muffins

We bought a small box of tamarind and my family just decided the fruit wasn't worth the effort. You know, first you need to get rid of the shell and then there are those big seeds inside which leaves almost no room for the actual edible part. As I was staring at the box I got a crazy idea. You can add any fruit in your muffins to make them less plain, right? So, I started an hour long martyrdom of sticky fingers and shells everywhere. At the end I got half a cup of the fruit. Half a frickin' cup! There is now way I'm ever gonna repeat the process.
So even though the muffins are really good - a bit sour and moist, this is it. Never again will I make them unless I find canned stuff or something like that. I bet it exists somewhere.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup tamarind
  • 1 1/2 cups flour 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tea spoon baking soda
  • 1 cup water
  • 5 table spoons sunflower oil 
  • as many chocolate chips as you can handle

1) Mix all the wet ingredients with sugar and let it sit for a while so that the sugar has a chance to dissolve. 
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
3) Distribute evenly in your muffin pan and bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes (or until your toothpick comes out clean).

No comments:

Post a Comment