Mar 4, 2015

Tuna and Ricotta Patties

This is one of the go-to recipes when I buy ricotta cheese. Everyone in my family loves them and they are super easy to make. And if you add some vegetable salad and sour-cream-based dip, you will be buying that cheese very often.

You'll need (20 small patties):
  • 200g canned tuna
  • 200g ricotta 
  • 1 egg
  • salt, dry basil, thyme, and rosemary (I know, I know, I use these way too much but I love them!) and if you have some fresh herbs like chives or parsley, chop them in as well
  • about two handfuls of breadcrumbs (you will have to experiment - you need just enough to make the patties not sticky but not too dry either)
1) Mix it all together till it creates nice not so sticky structure.
2) Roll into balls and then squeeze them so that you get this desired patty shape.
3) Either put them in the oven or onto a frying pan - in both cases you will need only a couple of drops of olive oil to bake/fry them on. 
4) In the oven they are done in about 15 minutes, on the pan they are ready once both sides get the nice brown color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment