Mar 18, 2015

Dark Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks

All the cookies are white with black chunks so I decided to experiment a little and make them different. I just added cocoa powder into the usual cookie mix and substituted the usual black chocolate for white chocolate. The white chocolate didn't stay in nice chunks but rather melted - I'm not sure if it is because I bought wrong brand (I rarely buy it so I dunno which is the best) or if it is this way with all the white chocolate you can get. However, they taste awesome. They aren't as decorative as I wanted them to be but given the fact that they are going to wind up inside anyway it matters little. 

You'll need (20 large cookies)
  • 120g melted or room temperature butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 150g flour of choice (I used spelt)
  • 40g cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
  • 100g white chocolate chunks (I bought a bar and with the use of meat mallet I created chunks)
1) Mix all the ingredients together.
2) Make small balls or make it already look like cookies (balls will flatten so make sure there is enough room around) and put them on your baking tray.
3) Bake at 180°C for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment