Mar 25, 2015

Ricotta Cheesecake with Honey

You can never fail if you choose a cheesecake. Really, all of them taste awesome. And since I want to try as many as possible in my lifetime I better start making them more often. 
This time I had extra ricotta cheese so I tried to incorporate it in my cheesecake ... and I think I managed quite well.

You'll need:
  • 200g unflavored (or butter) biscuits, you know the random sweet tasteless stuff
  • about 50g butter
  • 400g ricotta
  • 200g cream cheese
  • 4 table spoons honey (or more or less, depends on your taste buds as usual)
  • 4 eggs
  • zest from one big organic orange
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2) Crush the biscuits till you like the texture - I prefer small crumbs but there are many people who have to have it finely ground... so either use a bag with a meat mullet or food processor. Then pour in the melted butter and incorporate well. 
4) Use this mixture as your base - press it on the bottom of your cake pan.
5) Bake for 10 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, take a hand mixer and use the rest of the ingredients to create creamy filling. 
7) Once the crust is at least room temperature again, pour the mixture onto it and put it back into the oven for about 50 minutes - once the top starts to get gold/brown color, you know it's time to get it out and let it cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment