Oct 6, 2013

Peter Eldin: The Vampire Joke Book

I honestly don't know why I keep buying this stuff. This has been a fourth accidental buy. The online store I usually buy books from included neither picture nor description of the book so it was up to my imagination. And you know me, I buy pretty much every book with the word vampire on it as long as it's cheap so that I can write a review for you because I somehow deep inside hope that one day I will stumble upon a forgotten masterpiece or something really awesome.
Obviously, my brain thought this book would be hilarious. Except it wasn't. The tiny book is about 93 pages long, includes tons of pictures and a lot of "funny" stuff. However, the jokes in there don't include only vampires. There are werewolves, ghouls, ghosts etc. Just everything you need to entertain a bunch of five-year-olds at a Halloween party.
This collection of jokes didn't even make me lift the corners of my mouth. No reaction. Nothing. Pokerface the whole time.
Wanna hear an example? What do vampire sailors sail in? --> Blood vessels. I won't bother you with all those knock-knock jokes or the other ones which are based on sloppy pronunciation.
I must admit it may be funny for kids or people who are trying to learn English as a second language (there is nothing more rewarding that getting a joke in the language you are trying to master, trust me). But other than that I don't see the point of purchasing this.

GENRE: uhm, not sure where to put a collection of bad jokes 
FANGS OUT: funny if you are a little kid 
FANGS RETRACTING: not really funny 
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment