Oct 16, 2013

Christine Warren: One Bite with a Stranger

Here we go, yet another romance. Don't you just love it when I am stressed and these "light" books are the only stuff my brain accepts? I know I do ;-)=
This one is a mix of humor, hot scenes and a little bit of action. Just like I've already mentioned, I like when there is humor in it so that I don't have to take it too seriously.
What I, however, particularly oppose are the two main characters. She repeatedly claims she likes him to be the boss only in bed and the rest of her life is hers to decide, he claims he is giving her free will and would never do anything she wouldn't want... But it's all lies because he does whatever he wants and even though she plays angry for a second, everything is forgiven and he can continue with making decisions without her. Plus I still haven't figured out how come so many couples in vampire romance novels (maybe in all romance novels, I'm not sure because I don't read the regular ones) start planning their future (wedding, children etc.) only after a couple of days together. To say nothing of that foolish decision to alter one's life forever after having spent together only a short period of time. 
One would say that having an old vampire in there, who should be wise after so many years of observing and doing things in his/her own pace, should make those characters less foolish. Perhaps, it's a protocol. You can't write a vampire romance without two fools who are in the clutches of their own hormones. You can't let them get to know each other. Just put them together while they are too busy to pay attention to each other's character qualities. Sure, that is a healthy start of forever...
All in all, I enjoyed reading this despite the weird relationship of the characters and look forward to reading more of The Others series (I checked it out and it doesn't only include vampires so the fans of shifters will get their fill as well).

GENRE: paranormal romance with yet another guy who takes over your life
FANGS OUT: funny and hot
FANGS RETRACTING: I just in general don't understand women who have their whole life dictated by a guy, so the couple in this book seems all wrong to me...
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment