Aug 7, 2016

Krystal Shannan: My Viking Vampire

Before you start wondering - yes, this is another free e-read of mine. You know how I feel about those so let's switch on my bullshit-o-meter and start reviewing.
First of all, it reads fast and the style is OK. That's way more that we expect at this point, right? It's a story set in near future where the supernatural world has surfaced and some states (within US) have accepted these new citizens and some not. What also changed was the view on women. You either marry when you are a teenager or you are on your road to become a whore. See the dystopian hints right there? I do and it pains me they weren't elaborated on because I like it. 
Anyway, our protagonist who keeps escaping her abusive husband reaches a town full of supernatural creatures as it was foretold by a mighty seer. See the paranormal hints right there? I do and it pains me I didn't learn more about the interesting inhabitants of the town because I bet their stories are interesting. And why didn't I learn more? Because the protagonist is humping her new hot vampire boyfriend all the time! 
And honestly, why the hell ALL vampires from Scandinavia have to be called Eric?! There are definitely more names to choose from! Anyway, if I read this book as one of those romances I will appreciate the hot scenes and will just block out anything else but even in this case I have to wonder if really one session with a whip can erase years of abuse and fear. Just saying. Because all mental institutions can go to hell in that case. 

GENRE: romance
FANGS OUT: other creatures of the paranormal world are out there
FANGS RETRACTING: the ending is too unreal, sorry
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment