May 8, 2016

Mallory Crowe: Finding Fire

I'm still on the wild ride with e-books. I don't have much time to really sit and read for enjoyment of reading so I've downloaded a lot of stuff into my phone to steal a minute or two of reading whenever I can. I know that I can't really focus on it since I'm constantly interrupted but that's why I transferred all my free e-books into my phone. They are not brain-challenging. They are just reads. That pains me but what can we do. The internet made it possible. 
This week I bring you a not-so-bad novel. It revolves around a group of vampire seekers who have various reasons for trying to find vampires. Then there is a mysterious "puppet master" who sets everything in motion so that a young woman finds her vampire in order to find yet another vampire who she's been seeking all her life. 
The scheming unknown characters always hold potential. And you really don't know who that is till the last pages. But there isn't enough build-up leading to the revelation so it kinda sucks. It flows too fast. 
I'm becoming quite allergic to those sizzling romances in which the characters shoot daggers at one another in one moment and then dry hump in the next. I just don't buy it anymore. Just because someone is hot it doesn't make me want to jump his bones, does it?! Where's the self-control? Especially if you have a traumatic background as well as trust issues like the protagonist. 


GENRE: I guess it was just romance since the action part was lacking
FANGS OUT: it reads fast
FANGS RETRACTING: needs more build-up
TOTAL SCORE:


This week's rant:
Someone let out the breath he/she didn't know he/she was holding.
Ugh. Just stop it, okay?! It happens in every novel. I started noticing this a few years ago when I was studying literature and once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. Even Hemingway has it. It's like an illness. People who can't breathe. One would say since it's so essential to our well-being no one would be so stupid to try to stop breathing but here you go. Those women with curves in the right places probably suffer from this genetic anomaly. Really, it's mostly in romances so there is positive correlation between the two. I don't wanna have curves in the right places since it would doom me in the lung department. No, thank you, give me curves in the wrong places and healthy breathing habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment