Apr 5, 2015

MaryJanice Davidson: Undead and Uneasy

You know how I always mention those infamous obnoxious heroines? This is it. We have one right here. Imagine a former model suddenly getting her position as one of the most powerful beings on the planet - the Queen of all Vampires. And instead of conquering evil to ensure world peace or something as noble as that, her ultimate goal is to conquer all evil which comes between her and her shoes.
So, this book isn't the first one with Betsy so I've known her for some time. And every time I buy yet another installment in the series I hope she will have at least a little change at heart and will become more likable.
She's faced out-of-this-world evil, acquired servants of questionable origins who love her and yet she refuses to change. I'm not saying her bitchy remarks are all the time boring, they are funny in fact, but every once in a while one can appreciate a depth in character which is missing here.
But like I said, if it was truly terrible I wouldn't be returning to these books. I always forget I hate the main character and buy a new book in the series because the bitchy protagonist aside, they are funny and entertaining. You know I like to turn my brain off so this is exactly what I need. Or what you need. Take it on the beach with you and you won't regret. 

GENRE: funny romance
FANGS OUT: humorous
FANGS RETRACTING: the protagonist doesn't do anything for the reader to like her
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment