Apr 22, 2015

Caramel Cupcakes

Whenever I don't know what to bake I just take my plain (vanilla) cupcake recipe and add something to it so that I don't bore my family to death. So I thought these would be in the "meh" category because even though I am a big cupcake or muffin enthusiast, my family don't think anything can beat cheesecakes and they just eat their fill of muffins but never say they want to eat them all. I don't get it because I find muffins and cupcakes the best breakfast food but whatever...
This time, however, the cupcakes disappeared instantaneously and there were fights over who would have the honor to polish off the last one. So get your stuff ready, maybe this is the best cupcake ever. It's super sweet (reduce the sugar if you don't like too sweet desserts) and it has a moist core which no one can resist.

You'll need (15 pieces):
Batter:
  • 300g flour (I used half plain, half spelt)
  • 150g butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g sugar 
  • 1 tea spoon baking powder
  • 200ml milk
  • 15 pieces of soft caramel candy or fudge or whatever name it has in your store 
Topping:
  • 40g vanilla pudding powder
  • 250ml milk
  • 100g sugar
  • 250g room temperature butter
  • caramel fudge pieces for decoration
1) Starting with the cream so that it has time to cool, you have to prepare the pudding. Bring the powder with milk to a boil and then just stir till it gets very thick. Let it cool down a little and then add the sugar and butter till it's well blended and smooth. Put it in the fridge.
2) Combine all the ingredients for the batter except the candy. Pour a table spoon of the batter into each of your muffin cups (or whatever amount you need for a half of the muffin) and then put one piece of candy in each cup. Follow by covering it with another spoonful of the batter. The cups should be filled to 3/4 since the batter will rise. 
3) Bake for about 15 minutes at 180°C.
4) When the muffins are cooled down, you can take your cream and cover their tops. It's up to you how you do it. Finish with sprinkling some fudge on it and you'll be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment