Apr 8, 2015

Green Lips

You can probably guess I am no stranger to loud colors on my face given the fact I've been trying to find the ultimate red color. But red is still kinda normal even when bold. 
I see tons of colors on people's eyes but only a few on their lips. That got me thinking. Why the heck shouldn't I be able to put something "unusual" on my lips instead of on my eyelids? It's still on my face, right? 
One minute on-line at Makeup Revolution store brought all those thoughts to life. A couple of days later a package with ALL the colors of the rainbow arrived and I could start experimenting with lip colors. I like the dark green Serpent probably the most so I naturally wanted to go out in this one. It even had the same shade as my tartan shirt so there was no excuse not to wear it. 
All I needed was the occasion. See, I'm from a small town and people here are not used to eccentricities. They must get weirdness in small doses otherwise their brain circuits will melt or something like that. Plus, I'm not sure my employer would take it easy - there is nothing about a dress or make-up code mentioned in my contract but you never know...
Thankfully, April Fool's Day arrived and even though I don't really like this day I chose to fully embrace it this year so that I could wear my lipstick proudly and not be suspected of enjoying it. Honestly, the people at work kept staring, then I could see the wheels in their heads spinning as if to ask me or not only to finally utter: "Oh, it's the April Fool's. You are prepared for that." Yeah... So I blamed the Day for it even thought I was secretly enjoying myself wearing the color I truly want. 
The kids' reactions were also interesting. The reactions varied from "I like green, it's my favorite color." (the kindergarten bunch) through "OhmygodI'mscaredIwillpassout." (the 4th graders) to "Wow, it's really chic. Weird, but pretty." (the teenagers). 
So, since nobody had a real meltdown, I decided to incorporate these "weird" colors into my life more often. I will keep finding special days as excuses and it will become so frequent that people will stop asking and staring. It will become a norm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment