Nov 12, 2014

Easy vampire make-up for Halloween



No need to buy some fancy supplies that cost more than necessary. You already have everything you need for this look in your make-up bag.
This year, I went for a “work-friendly” vampire costume because I had six English lessons in a row to give and a hall monitoring duty throughout the whole day so I knew I needed something bulletproof that wouldn’t require any touch-ups.
The only dilemma I was facing was the teeth. As a teacher who talks a lot (duh!) I needed something which would make me lisp as little as possible and that would hold for a long time. It’s been ages since I was a vampire for Halloween so I couldn’t remember which glue was the one that lasted the whole night at one Halloween party long time ago. So I bought all three glues available and had done my “teeth rehearsal” prior to going to school like that. So, it was not that two-part putty which I hoped would hold but it was that pink one-part glue which got me through the day.
And now, to the make-up part. Long time ago I accidentally bought a liquid foundation by Avon in Ivory which was too light for me but I kept it for occasions like this one. Once I had my foundation in place (no primer, I don’t usually need that) I wanted to set it with a matte white color. Naturally, my hate toward the eye shadow palette makers subsided a little when I recalled all those whites I had (I mean, seriously! Almost every palette has a white and a black in it! Aargh, what the heck am I supposed to do with them all?!). The only issue with this is that the palette is small and applying just that one color is a bitch. To be more specific, it took me 40 minutes of trying not to compromise my white with the surrounding browns while applying it with a teeny-tiny brush on all the visible parts of my skin.
After the hard part was over, I took a dark matte brown from the same palette (NYX’s Champagne and Caviar) and tried to contour my face – temples, nose, cheeks, chin, eyes, and widow’s peak. Then I took a red eye shadow by Essence in 44 It’s up to you and made my eyes a little bit red. The last thing was to put a lipstain on my lips (Essence in 02 Save your kisses for me ) just to get that “I’ve just eaten” look.
The teeth were easy to glue with that pink transparent putty and the look survived all my lessons without any touch-ups. I must say I didn’t eat the whole day because I knew the teeth would go and I only drank through a straw. But I talked a lot and it stayed put. So it was a win ;-)=

No comments:

Post a Comment