Nov 5, 2013

Kathryn Smith: Be Mine Tonight



Now that I have read so many vampire romance novels I feel like I’m really getting into it. This one wasn’t that bad when it comes to how it’s written. Sure, the plot is little too much centered on the couple (but which romance isn’t) but every now and then there is a flashback of the vampire’s life from before which I find refreshing.
However, I don’t feel this book differs from the others in any special way. It’s a historical romance (that is always a minus in my eyes, for I dislike them) – yeah, yeah it is supposed to be only from hundred years ago but still...
I would prefer more info on the Holy Grail subject it revolves around to make it more adventurous or mysterious. Crowding it with more people wouldn’t be too bad either because when there are only a couple of them, you realize how badly described or how pathetic they all are.
All in all, it is one of those romances you read and forget in a minute because you’ve already read something like that in one form or another. But to cut it some slack, you won’t be bored to death either.


GENRE: historical romance
FANGS OUT: sit and relax, no big surprises here
FANGS RETRACTING: haven't you already read something like this?
TOTAL SCORE:


No comments:

Post a Comment