Jun 5, 2016

Ally Thomas: The Vampire from Hell

Can you see that PART 1 thing? There is more? O_o
One would say that since I'm old enough I could have the ability to learn from my mistakes. That I'd, say, stop getting the free e-books since I have very bad experience with them. But no, once it says free I have to download it and what more - I have to finish it. I can't judge a book by only a couple of chapters, what if something really good comes? Except it usually doesn't come. 
And this was exactly what I fear most when I get a free version of anything. It was bad. I thought my judgement was clouded by the wrong time in my cycle but nope, we're not even close to that. So it must really suck. I tried to find the positives of this story but just couldn't.
First of all, it says it's a part of blog and even has this link to it (spoiler alert, it's just the official author's homepage -> so it's not even supported on this level) but it doens't feel like it's blog posts. It's just a good ol' boring first person narrative. 
And it's narrated very poorly. The situations are not described enough so that even thought you have this vampire created by her reptilian father, the lord of Hell himself, you don't get the ideas how it works down there. Then the narrator jumps from one moment to the other so quickly that it's confusing and I had no idea what the heck happened and why.
Furthemore, I've googled it's this YA novel. My ass. Like, you've got this vampire or Satan's daughter first or whatever who is old enough to work in the office and bang whoever she wants and later she can have a hot scene with an angel and you want this to be read by the young ones? Sure she acts like one of them but the evidence shows she should be different. It's so effin' contradictory. 
Then there is this inner voice (*yours truly just gave herself a facepalm*) which sounds so bad in this already horrible narration. It makes stuff even more confusing. 
Wow, I've just made myself angry again. It was a waste of time and made me furious that someone can actually distribute this piece of ... bad literature. Save yourself the trouble and don't download it. It's enough that it made my couple of hours miserable. You don't need this.

GENRE: I have no idea
FANGS OUT: ehm, if you like angels?
FANGS RETRACTING: bad descriptions, no excitement, why is it even out there?!
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment