Aug 19, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Even I couldn't resist the trend of reducing the carb intake so I decided to make the healthier version of pizza.
I must admit I was quite skeptic because I didn't believe it would hold together but it did! Also, taste-wise it wasn't bad either. As in most meals, the seasoning does the job so it really doesn't matter what you make it from as long as you know how to combine the herbs. Our tongues can be easily fooled.
This pizza is yummy but nothing beats real pizza, don't get your hopes up. On the other hand, this one will give you the "I've done something for myself today" feeling.

Ingredients:
  • one cauliflower head 
  • 150g mozarella
  • about 80g grana padano
  • 2 table spoons pizza seasoning (if you can't find that, just use rosemary, basil, thyme, salt, dry garlic and onion, pepper and stuff like that)
  • 1 egg
  • the topping is up to you (I used tomato puree, more grana padano and mozarella, and for the meat eaters in may family I added some salami on one half of the pizza)
1) Put the cauliflower in a food processor and blend it. Then put it for 4 minutes into a microwave. Spill it onto a tea towel, wait a little for it to cool down, and squeeze real hard - keep squeezing till no water comes out.
2) Shred the cheeses and put them in a bowl. Add the cauliflower, egg and seasoning and combine. 
3) Make a pizza crust shape on a baking tray (lined with baking paper), try to spread it evenly and bake at 200°C for about 10 minutes (when it starts getting brown color, it's time to get it out).
4) Top it with whatever you want and return it in the oven for about 7 minutes (or until everything on the top melts nicely).

No comments:

Post a Comment