May 20, 2015

Coconut Oat Muffins with Mango and "Drunk" Goji Berries

These muffins (just like anything I bake) are super easy to make. Unlike most muffins, however, they are nicely moist. 
Since I only had dry goji berries, I kept thinking what to do with them and decided I'd try my mom's trick to make them moist and yummier (she does this with raisins) - I put them in a jar and kept adding rum (and by rum I mean that Czech thing the EU forbade to call rum 'cause it's made of potatoes and not of sugar cane, but everyone calls it rum instead of Tuzemák) till they absorbed all of it. This gave them nice smell and returned moisture. If you are against alcohol, just add any other liquid - milk, water, syrup...
And since these muffins contain oats, they will not rise as much (only the middle will lift a little, but they won't be over-pouring to the sides), you can fill the muffin cups generously.

You'll need (15 muffins):
  • 1,5 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 table spoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut (I used shredded and shaved)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 4 table spoons coconut oil
  • 1/2 chopped mango (fresh)
  • a handful of goji berries soaked in alcohol

1) Melt the coconut oil if it's solid and add it to the mixture - it's easy, really, keep mixing till all the ingredients are incorporated well.
2) Fill your muffin cups to the brim - they will not over-pour.
3) Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment