Feb 1, 2015

Jeaniene Frost: One Foot in the Grave

I started pulling books randomly from my shelves because I have a ton of vampire books and no clue which ones to read. I keep buying them without giving it a second thought - like do I have enough to keep me occupied for a couple of years ahead? Sure. If you count all the other normal books I read you find out I'm in trouble. 
So I randomly pulled out this. Because long time ago I bought the first two books in a series and read only the first one because ain't nobody got time to read the second one. But now I found some time and here is your review for the second book in the Night Huntress series.
There is this repetitive theme of female vampire slayer in these books. No escaping that. The badass heroine, however, has such a soft side that you almost not hate her as you probably do the other ones. I mean, she tends to be melodramatic and pathetic at times but in moderation. 
Of course, even this one falls for the one she hunts so... when it comes to the topics there really is nothing new in the series. For some reason, maybe solely because of the believable characters, these series come out all right. I still try to think of the reason why this one is so different from the barrage of similar stuff and I can't find it. I can't also find out why I prefer this one to the others. No clue. So I'll give it my vampire rating right now before I recall something and make the review worse.

GENRE: action romance
FANGS OUT: the heroine is not obnoxious
FANGS RETRACTING: seen that, been there, got a t-shirt
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment