Oct 12, 2014

Pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips

Well, you couldn't think I would use a half of a pumpkin and let the other half just rot, right? Naturally, I came up with a way how to use it once the marble pie was gone.
This time it was used to elate the feeling of eating muffins. Because let's face it, the muffins can sometimes be really dry and all they need is something as moist as the pumpkin to become perfect.
Plus, this pumpkin I use (hokkaido) is very pigmented and gives everything such a funny yellow/orange color. That's a plus with Halloween nearing, right?
So, for the typical amount of 12 muffins (at least that's what my muffin pan is created for) you will need:


  • 200g flour (we've talked about it: just because I use rye doesn't mean you can'r go plain)
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder (I once used just one teaspoon and they didn't rise to the occasion ;-)= because the pumpkin is really heavy)
  • 2 tablespoons of the spice of your choice (I used 1 cinnamon and 1 gingerbread mix)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (for no good reason ;-)= )
  • 120g butter
  • 200g sugar (or honey, or whatever sweetener you use)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 hokkaido pumpkin
  • optional chocolate chips (I used big chunks of 70% cocoa chocolate, you use whatever you want and how much you want)
1) You must peel the pumpkin, boil it till it's soft, let it cool down and then blend it till it's smooth.
2) Mix all the ingredients together.
3) Fill your muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment