Jan 11, 2014

Sherrilyn Kenyon: Kiss of the Night

Dark-Hunter series number four. I think. I’ve never seen messiest author’s official website. Can’t tell if this is the right or wrong number, if I’m reading it in the right order, just nothing.
What I know, however, is that the series is sometimes very entertaining. Ok, there are about gazillion characters, too many mythologies used and way too many things happening in the fractions of the supernatural world (I know, this ensures the never-ending-ness of the series but sometimes too much is just way too much...).
So, the vampires are poisonous to others, they loathe drinking blood, then the other ones drink souls, and so on and so on. I think the world it is set in is in the same mess the whole author’s website is in. And that’s my point. It’s messy and sometimes messy is good. But sometimes it’s not.
If you look for a romance which will always wind up in the happily ever after mode, than you may be sometimes disappointed – yup, I can imagine the faint-hearted actually crying at one point in this book. But if you like a twist every now and then, then you will for sure get your treat.


GENRE: action romance
FANGS OUT: entertaining
FANGS RETRACTING: mythology overload
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment