Jan 25, 2014

Nina Bangs: My Wicked Vampire

I came across this supernatural series quite a while ago. It used to be a trilogy but I’ve currently got my hands on number four in the series and that’s not the last one. Not all are about vampires, though (but Mr. Google says there is a spin-off series focused only on the vampires).
You are sucked into a world where gods and goddesses, cosmic troublemakers, plants which feed off sexual energy and other unheard-of creatures interfere with mortals’ lives. The mortals are usually guests of a theme castle run by a certain troublemaker who has a real wizard as her right hand and the shows and fantasies are performed by vampires, demons – just name it.
It is a very light read and the storyline doesn’t leave the centre couple. That’s probably the weak spot. Not too much story building – everything happens within the boundaries of the castle or somewhere very close to it and it all happens in a very short time. But some may find it an advantage – depends on what you seek.
I wanted to give it just three vampire kisses for its lack of the settings and other stuff mentioned above but then I realized that every book made me laugh because it introduced some kind of unusual character (thumbs up for the warrior cactus in this one) so four kisses it is then.


GENRE: funny romance
FANGS OUT: I like the settings and variety in characters
FANGS RETRACTING: too centered on the castle
TOTAL SCORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment