Nov 25, 2015

Sweet Potato Muffins

These are one of my leftover ingredients muffins since I had a half sweet potato, some strawberries, some cherries etc. and needed to bake some dessert. So, I came up with this.

You'll need (15 muffins):
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded sweet potato
  • 2 cups whole grain flour
  • 2 tea spoons baking powder
  • 1 tea spoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 table spoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tea spoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sea buckthorn juice
  • 12 strawberries 
  • a handful of cherries, some lemon juice and sugar for decoration
1) Mix it all together (without the strawberries) till well combined and put one table spoon of the batter into each muffin cup. Put a strawberry in, too. Pour in more batter so that the strawberry is covered and the cup is 3/4 full. 
2) Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C.
3) Since I had a lot of cherries as well, I took a handful of them, pitted them, put them in a pot with a table spoon of lemon juice and a little bit of brown sugar and brought it to a boil. Then I lowered the temperature and cooked for about fifteen minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment