Jun 17, 2015

Yoghurt and Sea Buckthorn Muffins

It's bitter, sour or tart and sweet at the same time. It's moist and has a hard core of dark chocolate. What is it? Well, one of my experiments I'm proud of. 
Really, these muffins are so unique and tasty I'm wondering why I haven't thought of putting sea buckthorn in them before. It's one of those fruits no one cares about because its taste is too weird but once you get used to it you'll find out that it's actually perfect.
The topping is the regular one I used for my caramel cupcakes (plus some cocoa powder), so check them to make it if you want but honestly, I like it as a muffin more than as a cupcake. 

You'll need (12 muffins):
  • 100ml sea buckthorn juice (no added sugar, just pure juice made of blended berries - are buckthorns berries? - in it)
  • 100g sugar
  • 140g flour (1/2 plain, 1/2 whole grain rye)
  • 1 egg
  • 200g Greek yoghurt
  • 50g cocoa powder
  • 2 tea spoon baking powder
  • 15 pieces of chocolate
1) Mix everything except the chocolate together till smooth.
2) Pour the batter into your muffin cups in two rounds - after the first round put a couple of chocolate chips or one chocolate piece in the cup and then cover it with the rest of the batter so that the chocolate is hidden and your cups are 3/4 full.
3) Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C.


No comments:

Post a Comment