May 5, 2013

Ombre Lips

It seems we've got stuck in an Ombre Period of human history. All websites, magazines, TV commercials, and even everyday people are showing off in their gradient colors. It's only a matter of time when we will be able to buy a puppy of our ombre color choice. 
Even though I now find it a little too much I liked it at the beginning. One of my friends once came with ombre hair which looked fantastic. But I don't have the nerve to let someone cut my hair or even put color into it! I'm saving those dreadful moments for the time when I'm having too much grey hair. Hair was out of question then.
Plus since I only knew the sound of the word ombre, I lived quite long under an impression that it was spelled HOMBRE which was puzzling since I knew this word from Spanish. So.... took me a while to realise Mr Google kept correcting my attempts to find some info on what else I could do with myself.
Tie-dyeing of my clothes was out as soon as I recalled my early experiments with colors and my mother's new expensive curtain mysteriously stained red (I was using colors in the bathroom and kitchen - however, the frickin' red somehow stained the curtain which was near my mother's bedroom - out of my reach, path and everything).
And since I didn't know how to "ombre" myself, my ombre experimenting was solely focused on the lips. Yes, that seemed like a reasonable idea and on the left you can see how it came out.
For the middle part of my lips I used Avon Red2000, the rest of the lips was colored with Manic Panic Black Rose and a tiny part in the corners of my mouth was stained with Fantasy Makers' Black. I applied all these colors with the lipsticks and then used a brush always going in horizontal lines from the corners to the center till I was satisfied with how the colors blended together. I also wiped the brush after getting to the centre and before going to the corner again, so that the center color didn't dilute the corners too much.
Ha, I did it! I officially participated in the ombre frenzy and liked the result! I'm not sure I'm going to do it ever again, but hey, I had fun and that's what counts!



No comments:

Post a Comment